Sunday, January 27, 2008

Peace out, Chipsters

Although I'm looking forward to going back to work to apply everything I've learned this weekend, I'm not looking forward to leaving my Chipster family.

My deepest gratitude goes to the Quinn family and all the other people who made this opportunity possible.

To my fellow Spring 2008 Chipsters, I enjoyed our late-night "bonding" sessions and Broadway musical re-enactments in the subways of D.C. I sincerely wish our class the best at this exciting/scary/often-awkward time in our careers and lives. Thanks for the good times.

Scholars David Shieh (left) and Rickeena Richards.

As mushy as it sounds, I really have grown to love you crazy people who share the same crazy dream I do. It makes me feel a little less crazy.

From Apple Bottom Jeans and boots with the furs (with the furs!), I enjoyed our times together and feel blessed to have shared this time together. I look forward to reuniting in Nashville, keeping in touch with everyone and seeing where our journeys take us. I think we will do the Chips Quinn legacy proud, changing lives, winning Pulitzers and, if we're truly lucky, making appearances on Oprah.

No comments: