I have a major problem.
See, after four years of life at the University of Southern California, I had finally accepted that I had become a West Coaster. A Cali girl. A So Caler. Or whatever it is people are calling us these days, in our sun-huge sunglasses-Havaianas-Bohemian (read:homeless) clothes, paying $12 for egg whites and bacon. So I loved Los Angeles, sue me. Well, until today. My lovely friend from USC who is studying at George Washington University this semester met me at the hotel and accompanied me for a day of sight-seeing, intense walking and catching up on gossip. We went EVERYWHERE. Capitol. Washington Monument. Lincoln Memorial. White House. G.W. And I discovered that I absolutely ADORE every aspect of this city, hence my excessive use of caps lock throughout this posting. I have visited D.C. before. I have family in Virginia who work in D.C. But I guess I wasn't old enough to appreciate all of its offerings.
Now I am so East Coast. I rode the Metro like a pro. Cut across streets and in front of taxis like a pro. Didn't whine about the weather like a pro. I LOVE D.C. I LOVE the East Coast. And now I want to spend the next six months here.
See, I have a major problem.
Someone will have to drag me onto the plane to L.A. Or remind me that I have to graduate IN Los Angeles. Or my parents will kill me before I have a chance to make it to Spokane or escape to the east side of our beloved US of A.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment