Thursday, January 24, 2008

Fancy White Castles

A Chips Quinn Scholar from an earlier class said I'd eat a lot of good food during the four days of orientation. I didn't expect the fancy White Castle burgers as appetizers during dinner or the warm, chocolatey, dessert. If they keep feeding us this well, orientation will definitely rock.

But I'm worried for my friend, Scholar Ashlee Clark.

She has committed to eating healthy. Yet, I watched her stuff her face with crab cakes, the fancy White Castles, a cheeseburger from Five Guys and a mini chocolate cake that she claims was good for her. And it's not even like she ate a few bites of the warm, fudgy dessert at dinner. She ate the whole thing. I only ate half.

Now, I told my friend she should just forget the stupid diet for the weekend. "It's OK," I told her. But if she insists on doing this, she needs to get some more self-control.

As for me, I'll eat all the steak, potatoes and spring rolls I want. I can always make it up next week when I return to life as a full-time reporter, grabbing lunch when there's time and eating fast food from the passenger seat of my car.

--Shawntaye

No comments: