Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mum for now

Jack Marsh, vice president, Freedom Forum Diversity Institute (left) grills Chris Vongsarath about the First Amendment.

Thank goodness Scholar Chris Vongsarath had the courage to be the first person to recite the First Amendment during orientation. When we were asked to volunteer, my mind immediately went blank. I wasn't ready to potentially embarrass myself in front of people I barely knew. And would I remember all the articles and oddly placed words that are in the amendment? So I stayed in my seat and was impressed when Chris stood before the group. During the next few days, I hope to gain a little more courage. I'll eventually have to recite the words I live by in my job every day. So for now, I'll memorize a little more.

As a side note, don't believe what Scholar Shawntaye Hopkins says about me or my eating habits on this blog. Yes, I am trying to eat more healthfully. And yes, Chips Quinn is making that difficult. But stuffing my face with food? Not so much. (And for those who have read her blog and mine and have become concered about Chips Quinn relations, this isn't a Chips Quinn-fueled rivalry -- just two co-workers making memories.)

No comments: