Friday, January 25, 2008

Surf And Turf

I've heard in the past from Chips Quinn Alumni just how remarkable it is to be a Chipster. Now that I am here for my first day of orientation, I realize the impact of those words. The Freedom Forum is putting a lot of faith in my skills, as are other journalists from around the country, and because of that we are getting the royal carpet treatment for the weekend.

My stomach and I are very happy with the surf-and-turf (steak and fish) dinner we were given last night, along with the suite-style hotel rooms that my roommate Carlos and I are enjoying. Chips Quinn Scholars are living lavishly. As Karen Catone said last night, "This is the only time the spotlight is on you. You have your birth, your wedding, your death and Chips Quinn Scholars orientation." So I am soaking up every minute of it.

No comments: