Walking off the Delta Airlines plane, I felt a cold breeze hit me immediately. Normally I do not deal with this kind of weather in the desert climate of El Paso, Texas. The more I walked around Reagan National Airport the more I was overtaken by the large building. Fortunately I had a lifeline.
A quick call to Javiera Ihrig fixed everything. Soon I knew the directions to the hotel; more importantly, I got to a warmer climate. Near the fireplace I met more of the Chips Quinn staff and immediately felt a warm family atmosphere. It was that home-away-from-home feel. I met my roommate Matthew Cooper and learned he was an aspiring sports writer like myself.
Later we enjoyed dinner at the Newseum and were treated to a breathtaking view of the Capitol and Washington Monument. It was fitting that I ended the night the same way I started the day: cold.
Trying to get warm.
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment