Today was the third day of the Chips Quinn Program and I'm feeling the family environment more than ever. All of us are getting along great and have gotten to know one another on a personal level. We've laughed together and have discovered that we're all still young at heart with similar interests and a deep dedication to journalism. I know I'm leaving here with true friendships.
The way Chips Quinn Scholars program co-founder John Quinn spoke about his son "Chips" and his wife Loie was beautiful. It brought together the program's mission to bring diversity to the newsroom. I'm happy for the opportunity to join the Quinn family. Being in a room full of young journalists from various backgrounds gives me confidence that newsrooms all over the country will gain a bit of color thanks to the Chips Quinn Scholars program. I'm ready to honor the program and carry the title of Chips Quinn Scholar with pride.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment